Producer Letter - April 2020

• Note: This letter has been written by PM Mechium. Unfortunately, he is currently unable to post it himself, so the CM Team is doing this for him. :)

Hello!

First of all, I hope every single one of you and your beloved ones are healthy and safe. We are experiencing unusual times and unfortunately wellbeing can't be considered as a given condition anymore.

Today I want to reach out and talk about Echo of Soul though and some of the currently most discussed topics.

Those who just returned may not yet be aware of the recent changes to the CM team. Amaliena was called to fulfill other duties. Vanillyne and Taerentym were spawned in her place. Check them out on Discord or in-game.

There have also been reinforcements for the people working in the shadows. My own alias is PM Mechium, and I'm part of the Product Management Team.

Now staff changes do not do magic and are not beneficial for you by default. Though we are learning quickly, we are also all new to Echo of Soul. Many of us also work in home office now, which makes the on-boarding a little more difficult than usual.

Nevertheless, we want to tackle the various problems that you are facing in-game. And that is what I'd actually like to focus on in this short update. It is based on feedback from Community Managers and the Customer Support Team.

If this format works out well, we will keep it up more frequently. I also invite you to leave comments or discuss the issues that are of particular concern to you. We will likely not be able to answer all questions directly, but I'll follow the thread(s) in any case and address these in the next update.

Account Warehouse

We have not received many reports of items dissapearing from the Account Warehouse since the fix (attempt) was applied; the latest report is from end of March. We have also not been able to reproduce the issue, which makes locating the cause harder.

Meanwhile, we recover items manually based on a query. But you need to contact Customer Support with the usual information including the Character ID to restore the items to. We had a delay, but all issues reported and verified were sent meanwhile.

We will run the query weekly or more often, depending on reports we receive.

In-game Localisation

It is a known fact that the localisation is not as good as it should be and that it causes issues frequently. Unfortunately, there is no quick solution for this.

However, together with the Volunteer Team we are working on a pilot project to update localisation. It might not be the highest priority, but a regular report is Pet loca, which is why we aim to fix this first.

If we progress well, we will continue with this project, at the same time considering other additional resources.

New User and Reactivation Event

Exploitation of New User Event

We have been observing the behavior of some players during the NU event and generally consider mass account creation to be an exploitation of the system.

Since we decided together with the developers to continue monitoring the situation, we have not taken any countermeasures yet. Please be aware that we reserve the right to remove gold and items that may be associated with this behavior. Account management actions cannot be excluded either.

Independantly from this, we have requested a change to the level-up reward boxes. So far we have not come to a result, but we will keep at it.

Random Sendout

We have received complaints from some users that they have not received the reactivation package. In many cases they argue that others received the reactivation package even though they were active. However, they themselves did not.

We do not know why some users received the package. However, since the investigation would have taken time and resources and the servers might have had to be shut down, we have decided to leave it at that. This decision does not entitle others to receive the package.

In the rare cases where an account was reactivated according to the event rules but the package did not arrive, we sent it on request.

Please keep in mind that everyone benefits from (real) new users and returning users. This is what the event was and is designed for.

Bugs

Thank you to everybody who reports bugs. We forward these to the developers, discuss these and then, depending on the response, wait for a fix.

The result has not been very satisfying, which is why we are discussing a different approach with the devs. Please don't expect immediate results, but we do believe we will be able to show some improvements throughout the coming weeks/months.

Though above does not offer any immediate solution, please know that we do recognise the issues. The least we can do is try to be more transparent, more reactive and improve step by step.

For now I wish you and your families good health and, despite everything, happy and peaceful Easter days!

Sincerly,

PM Mechium

» Vanillyne «

Community Manager | EN & DE

» Forum rules - Game rules - Naming conventions «

A team member will never ask for your password!

Never reveal your account information!

Vacation: May 29 - June 8

Urlaub: 29. Mai - 8. Juni

• First of all, i would like to thank you for giving more attention to the Echo Of Soul, and i hope you and the others that make this game run are fine and safe. I've got few more questions that i have, regards the stuffs got written here.

1) Regards the "NU event", as you said, there were many people that abused the system and created many chars, getting level up rewards to enhance their stones and also to open many vortex boxes. As you may know anything that drops from the Vortex boxes can be sellable. There is also a chance to drop +10 Artisan stones. As soon as you open then with the Avarage Keys that u got from Level-up boxes, there's a higher chance to get better items. My concern is, that last few days i've bought few stones off the market. There is written that "we reserve the right to remove gold and items that may be associated with this behavior" . If the stones i've bought were from someone that abused the system and i have no connection with that person whatsoever, are my stone getting removed?

2)From last update, that we got, the Lv.92 update, we start to got a little bit of lag in terms of Ping, and if u add over it the low rate of FPS, its a total mess. The ping problem its happening only sometimes and affects different countryes, and it's not constant. I've tryed to reply that further to the CM team or the ticket, but i can't crate a normal text that would have any sense. If I was writeing "I got lag now" that wouldn't help anyway. Few people that have to play with VPN, told me that the servers have been moved in America, not sure if its true, not sure if its not, but that might be the problem.

3)The NA and KR version of Echo of Soul, got optimization updates that makes their game be way more fluent and smoother, even increasing in number of FPS's. The past CM's told us also that they have faced lags even if they had last GPUs and CPUs from the market. Between a "Normal-end" pc and a "High-end pc" there are only 10-12 fps difference, and that its seen only when u stay in Ignea. In raids and dungeons, or anywhere where are more then once character casting skills, it's the same problem for any pc. As you also know, in any MMORPG game, its very important to have as many FPS's and Low ping possible in order to complete the raids you are as smoothly as possible.
    - Also, i've discovered that after your game crashed, and you are in raid, and then getting logged back in the game, for that specific raid you were running,it's way more smoother, and i'm talking here about really good numbers of FPS's. From 20-25 i had in the time i was battleing the bosses, the fps's raised up to 35-45, and rarely gooing under 35 fps's. Take in consideration that i've tryed to turn off effects and costumes, but the result it's same.

I understand that few updates are "region exclusive" but the ones that improve the game, should be on all servers.

Those are all questions that i'm concern of.
    Best regards
    Jeff

If you dropped the phone in water, put it in a rice bowl for at least 24h. At night, rice attracts the Chinese who will come to repair it.

• Account Warehouse

We have not received many reports of items dissapearing from the Account Warehouse since the fix (attempt) was applied; the latest report is from end of March. We have also not been able to reproduce the issue, which makes locating the cause harder.

Meanwhile, we recover items manually based on a query. But you need to contact Customer Support with the usual information including the Character ID to restore the items to. We had a delay, but all issues reported and verified were sent meanwhile.

We will run the query weekly or more often, depending on reports we receive.

becouse player sttoped playing bc of it >.> its still there

• It was very good letter from the Producer,,,

but missed many points.

What about the Market place problem ,why no one imentioned it ?

Last update was very disappointed , Hidden Tower without achievements and without runic tablet fragments drop, New Raids with no Primal Essence drop ,.... many many issue missing.

Do u check Korean Server before you do the updates ? please do , because it is so perfect comparing to this version of game.